1. Rashtriya Military Schools located at Chail (Himachal Pradesh), Ajmer (Rajasthan), Belgaum (Karnataka), Bangalore (Karnataka) and Dholpur (Rajasthan) invite applications for admission to class VI & IX.
2. Rashtriya Military Schools are CBSE affiliated, fully residential public schools, which function under the aegis of Ministry of Defence.
3. Entrance Exam: Class VI. The Common Entrance Test (CET) for admission to class VI will be held on December 18, 2016 (Sunday). The exam will be automated OMR based in subjects of Intelligence, General Knowledge, Mathematics and English of Class V standard.
4. Entrance Exam: Class IX. The Common Entrance Test (CET) for admission to class IX will be held on December18, 2016 (Sunday). The exam will be automated OMR based in subjects of English, Hindi, Social Science, Mathematics and Science of Class VIII standard.
5. Admit Cards. Interview and Results. Candidates who clear the CET and are figuring in the merit list will be required to appear for interview at respective Rashtriya Military Schools. Final merit list will be prepared after the interview. Admit Cards and results will be hosted on the school website www.rashtriyamilitaryschools.in on internet.
6. Application Forms. Prospectus and Application forms can be obtained by hand from any Rashtriya Military Schools by paying Rs. 550/- (Rs. 275/- in case of SC/ST) through Cash/DD. Prospectus and Application form can also be obtained through post by forwarding self addressed slip and Rs. 600/- (Rs. 325 for SC/ST) (including Rs 50/- for postage) through Demand Draft payable at respective Rashtriya Military School (in favour of "Principal, Rashtriya Military School"). List of Exam Centres is given with application form. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE ROUTED THROUGH RASHTRIYA MILITARY SCHOOL ONLY. Last date of submission of completely filled application forms is October 1, 2016.
(a) Age. Only boys between 10-11 years of age for class VI and boys between 13-14 years of age for Class IX as on July 1, 2017 are eligible for admission. Six months relaxation in upper age limit is permissible for the wards of personnel Killed in Action.
(b) Education. For admission to class VI, no previous education qualification is mandatory. For admission in class IX, a candidate should have passed class VIII from a govt/recognised school before the date of admission to a Rashtriya Military School. However, students studying in Class VIII are eligible to appear in the entrance test for class IX.
(c) Medical. Selected candidates will have to undergo medical exam at the Command/Zonal & other Military Hospitals as nominated by the Director General of Medical Services prior to admission and only those found medically fit will be offered admission.
8. Reservation of Vacancies.
(a) 70% for wards of JCOs/OR of Army, Navy and AF (including ex-servicemen).
(b) 30% for wards of officers of Army, Navy and AF (including retired officers) and wards of civilians.
(c) 50 seats are reserved for wards of service personnel Killed in Action.
Note: 15% and 7.5% seats are reserved for SC and ST in all categories.
9. Important instructions:-
(a) The parents/candidates should exercise due care while filling up the application form. If on verification or otherwise at any subsequent stage, incorrect entries or some variations are found, then the candidature will be liable to be rejected.
(b) Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate has qualified for Interview/Admission Test.
(c) Candidates should also note that once a Date of Birth and Cagegory has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the form for the purpose of admission, no change will be allowed subsequently on any ground whatsoever.
(a) Rashtriya Military School Chail, Shimla Hills, HP - 173 217, Ph.: 01792-248326
(b) Rashtriya Military School Ajmer Rajasthan - 305 001, Ph.: 0145-2624105
(c) Rashtriya Military School Belgaum, Karnataka - 590 009, Ph.: 0831-2406912
(d) Rashtriya Military School Bangalore, PB-25040, Museum Road, Karnataka - 560 025, Ph.: 080-25554972
(e) Rashtriya Military School Dholpur, Rajasthan - 328 028, Ph.: 05642-220749